The Art of Building Training Capacities
Training of trainers in natural resource management
To improve natural resource management on a larger scale, trainings must create a lasting impact on participants' lives and work. With more than 20 years of experience delivering trainings in the Asia-Pacific region, RECOFTC has found the best way to improve the effectiveness of trainings is to use a more participatory and interactive approach.
Building on trainers' existing skills and knowledge, this course explores results-driven methods to teaching and building capacities in natural resource management, especially "learning by doing"
Aims and Objectives
This course is intended to strengthen the capacity of current and aspiring trainers in designing, organizing, and conducting an effective training program.
This course will enable you to:
- Develop a participatory, effective, and creative learning environment
- Enhance your communication and facilitation skills (observing, listening, probing, discussing, negotiating, and giving feedback)
- Develop field-level skills (building teams and trust; monitoring group progression and role development; and encouraging teamwork, equitable participation, and conflict resolution capacities)
- Increase the planning skills of participants (assessment, design, planning, management, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of participatory learning processes)
Who Should Attend?
Trainers, facilitators, teachers, and others who have an interest in employing innovative and participatory training approaches in natural resource management. The course is especially useful for participants designing, delivering, and monitoring courses and assessing participants' needs.
- Basic theory on learning and training: Universal adult learning principles
- Training design cycle: The sequence of steps and activities involved in planning and implementing training
- Situational analysis and training needs assessments: Cause/effect linkages and situational analyses, and their importance in the training process
- Training design: The multiple approaches that may be employed in developing a training program
- Participatory methods: The value and variety of participatory training processes
- Training and facilitation techniques: An overview of the tool kit of facilitation and training skills available for use in participatory training settings
This course ranges from 3 to 21 days and can be further extended, depending on your needs.